Friday, August 19, 2011

A Confession


I have a confession. I find chocolate chip cookies disappointing. (Although this recipe, http://cupcakesandcashmere.com/irresistible-chocolate-chip-cookies/ from cupcakes & cashmere does sound fantastic, the salt did it for me.) It’s not that they aren’t good. They are. I enjoy them soft over crunchy and with a glass of milk. But they aren’t my go to.

See, my problem with the chocolate chip cookie is that it’s completely overrated and the dough is better than the outcome. I know you’re thinking, that’s how she keeps her figure with all those burgers and milkshakes she enjoys. Maybe, maybe…

Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? My arm is up in the air and I’m screaming ME! ME! ME! like a 3rd grader. I’d pick other cookies over it: white chocolate macadamia, snickerdoodle, decorated sugar or oatmeal raisin to name a few. It’s plain and standard.

Secondly, how good is chocolate chip cookie dough? I don’t even need to elaborate on that because you all know! In fact, it’s so good that it beats out its baked brother in a delicious contest. I’d pick plain cookie dough everyday, every time.

I also find steak disappointing, I prefer a burger, but that’s for another post. And that’s it for today’s rant from yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment