Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Solution to Coffee Gone Wrong


This morning, I woke up put the kettle on the stove and prepared my coffee. A simple task, I do it each morning without evening realizing I’m doing it. By the way, I prefer my coffee at home to be instant espresso with 1 equal and milk. As I began to get ready for the day, picking out my outfit, applying my makeup and doing my hair, I noticed something was off. It was my coffee. Maybe I had poured the water into the mug before the coffee and sugar? Maybe the milk had spoiled? While I had no idea, I knew this was not a good sign and this would not be a good day.

However, I had meetings and places to be so the show had to go on. But in the mean time, I needed a pick me up.
·      Treat myself to a delicious strawberry milkshake?
·      Go buy a candy bar at the nearest convenience
·      Go for a run along the lake?
·      Take a nice long bubble bath?
·      Go buy a coffee at Starbucks?
·      Get a mani/pedi?
·      Mix up a delicious cosmo?
They all seemed to require too much time or weren’t going to be enough or simply weren’t practical.

This was about the time that I remembered it was Tuesday and Tuesday’s meant the farmer’s market at the Museum of Contemporary Art. What could be better than a quick peruse at the smaller Tuesday market? Pick up some delicious fruits & veggies and FLOWERS. Flowers are my favorite pick me up. Not only do they brighten up a room both in sight and scent but they bright up my day every time I see them, both in photos and person. I was going to go buy myself flowers.

I know, you’re thinking, what girl buys herself flowers? This one, right here.** I buy myself flowers often. I love finding interesting vases and bowls to put them in. I love arranging large bouquets into smaller ones. And so I went.











And just like that, my day had returned to its normal path.

**NOTE: I am a huge advocate of chivalry, which I believe is not dead nor should ever be. A guy should always ask a girl out first, buy her a drink and pay for dinner. He should always open the door and help her through. Gentleman, take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment